This soup can easily be made vegetarian, by substituting Vegetable broth for the Beef & Chicken broth.
To make about 6 servings
- 3 cups Onions, sliced
- 8 oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Dill
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 1 clove minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
French Bread, small slices and toasted
Gruyere or Swiss Cheese, shredded
• Saute Onions and Mushrooms with the Olive Oil, Garlic, and Dill
• Add wine and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for half an hour or until onions and mushrooms are tender. Season to taste.
• Serve in one large or individual bowls.
• Top with toasted bread, sprinkle with cheese.