To make this safe for Mister Ducky (severe dairy allergy), I like to substitute coconut creamer for the milk.
- 6 slices salt pork or 6 slices bacon
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 quart milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Fry pork or bacon; pour off most of the fat and arrange slices over the bottom of the frying pan.
- Beat egg yolk and sugar until light.
- Combine flour and pepper; add alternately with milk to the egg yolks, beating to make a smooth batter.
- Fold in stiffly-beaten egg whites.
- Pour batter over fried pork or bacon and bake for ten minutes; reduce temperature to 350ºF and bake until mixture is set in center, about 10 to 20 minutes.