- 1 lb of pasta (I like Farfalle or Penne but let’s be serious, any will do)
- 1 lb of ground Italian sausage (I prefer the hot kind but mild or sweet work)
- 2 to 4 ounces of gorgonzola cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil a large pot of water and add 1 heaping tsp. of salt and cook the pasta.
- In a large skillet, sauté sausage over medium heat until well done.
- Lower the heat to low and add chopped onions and sauté until soft, about 4 mins.
- Then turn off the heat and add the gorgonzola cheese and stir until well mixed.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pasta water to the skillet after the pasta has been cooked.
- Drain the pasta and add to the skillet and stir well until the pasta is coated with sausage and cheese mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.