This is a good recipe for the winter holidays or simply when you're suffering from the doldrums.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup blanched almond slivers
• Pre-heat oven to 350ªF (175ªC)
• Whisk together flour, baking powder and spices
• In a separate large bowl, cream the butter with the brown sugar. Beat in the eggs, then honey, orange liqueur, sour cream, and orange juice.
• Beat the flour mixture into the creamed mixture, and then stir in the raisins and almonds.
• Turn batter into a greased and floured tube pan.
• Bake at 350ªF (175ªC) for 80 minutes, or until it tests done with a toothpick.
• Transfer to a rack to cool.